- The material is processed in the rotating drum at high temperature for a precise time to induce a physical change and is kept inclined to assist the moving material inside.
- In direct fired kilns, the material is directly in contact with the process gas
- Indirect fired kilns are used for applications where the processing occurs in inert atmosphere or when the material has to be controlled.
- It is refractory lined because of high amount of heat is being pushed inside.
- External heating is applied to kiln enclosed in the furnace thus by avoiding contact with combustion gas and material
- This is a highly resourceful thermal processing machine capable of treating variety of components for application like calcination, thermal desorption, organic combustion, sintering.