Raising hearth furnace
- Raising hearth furnaces are available up to very high temperature configurations – standard till 1900°C, with silicon carbide or molybdenum disilicide heating elements or molybdenum bunched wires / formed strips used as heaters.
- Generally used in applications where material for heating is brittle, or to reach molten form, the raising hearth that carries the material is subject to minimal vibration while lifting and lowering.
- The furnace is placed on a supporting structure with the hearth’s movement controlled by means of a hydraulic system or ball screw mechanism.
- High alumina based refractories are used for higher temperatures and low voltage high current transformers direct power.
- Platinum or ceramic crucibles are also offered to place the charge.
Temperature Range :
Heating Elements :
Nichrome Wire / Special Alloy Resistance Heating Wire / Silicon Carbide / Molybdenum Di- Silicide / Molybdenum / Tungsten / Graphite
Instrumentation options :
Thyristor, Programmable Temperature Controller, Temperature Recorder, PLC, SCADA, HMI