Drop Bottom Quench Furnace
- The Drop Bottom Furnace is inverted type with charge lifting and lowering facility to accommodate the high speed quenching including de-clamping, door opening and quenching.
- The Drop Bottom Furnace can be stand alone type with charge carrier loader and quenching tank moving on the floor or floor mounted with charge carrier loader and quench tank/s sliding in a pit.
- As the requirement is very fast quenching it is fully automated by the use of PLC and SCADA. These furnaces can also be used for continuous ageing cycle ranging from 16 – 24 hrs time.
- Various quench media such as water, glycol or other polymer oils as per process requirement are used.
- Area of application is generally used in aeronautical industries for solutioninzing and ageing of structural parts, also in forging industries of aluminium alloy forgings.
Temperature Range :
500°C to 700°C (for Aluminium Alloys)
Standard Applications :
Chamber Design :
Cylindrical / Rectangular
Ceramic Fibre Blanket + Brick / Ceramic Fibre Module & Board
Heating Elements :
Nichrome Wire / Special Alloy Resistance Heating Wire
Furnace Classification :
Additional Features :
Quench Delay within 7 seconds, Hydraulic Lift & Quench
Instrumentation options :
Thyristor, Programmable Temperature Controller, Temperature Recorder, PLC, SCADA, HMI